Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Is it Normal to Cry on the School Supply Aisle??

I've hesitated to write this blog for a while now. It's been a difficult couple of weeks. I've fasted, I've prayed, I've done everything I've been told to do, yet I'm still unemployed. It seems like it's been bad news after bad news. The worst news came Thursday. It felt personal. It hurt. Something I had been counting on and knew that I could always fall back on was taken away. It was a definite blow to my confidence. What did I do wrong? Am I not good enough? Am I too old? Am I too fat? Am I not smart enough? These are questions that I have asked myself. For five years we have lived off of one income so that I could earn my degree. My husband has worked himself to death to provide for us. We are ready for better things. We are ready to pay off some bills and spend more time with daddy.
An all time low was the day I found myself in tears on the school supply aisle at Walmart. Often over the past month I have felt like Pastor Bryant was preaching directly too me. Without his encouragement, I may have given up. As long as I have a mustard seed of faith, I can keep going. I know that there are twenty something little kids out there waiting to be loved and encouraged by me. I know that I can inspire them and help them succeed. I know that I can better their lives. I pray that I get that opportunity. I believe in the power of prayer. Please continue to pray for our family.

And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt this in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.  Mark 11:22, 23

 

5 comments:

  1. You can stay strong with the help of God, your supportive family and understanding friends!!! I think about you each morning when I wake up and get ready for work. I know that you too wish you were getting up to get ready for the day ahead. I will continue praying for you each and every day that God will open up the right door and that His blessings will be more than you could have ever imagined. I am here if you need someone to talk to...or even if you need someone to just listen! Stay strong and keep your chin up. You can do all things through Christ who will give you strength!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal! I am so grateful for you and the girls.

      Delete
  2. Nicole, I hear God saying, "I've got this!"

    And I needed to hear it, too. We have been going through so much over the past 5 months with "house stuff." And just today, we got some of the worst news we could've imagined. I began to think "maybe it's just not meant to be." But I HAVE to believe that He has a plan. He's had one all along, I just haven't figured it out yet. But when I do, it's going to be so much more than I could've ever dreamed!

    Stay faithful, keep trusting and believing.. and I will, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once was in your same exact position and I spent a lot of time praying and trying to figure out where I was supposed to be in my career path. It took a lot of praying and patience, but He finally showed me where I belonged for that time being. Praying for you and your family and that your special place in the teaching world comes along very soon!! I got my 1st full time teaching job 10 days before school started so it's not too late for you!!!! Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the encouragement Mandy. It is always nice to hear from a fellow LEO wife :)

    ReplyDelete