Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My Boys are Getting Older!

This past weekend we celebrated 2 very big birthdays. My baby turned 3 and big baby turned 30! This was the first time ever that Field picked out a birthday present for the boys. Baden loves to help his daddy cut grass and Field had this vision of Baden trailing behind him on his very own John Deere.
Since this was an expensive birthday present, we decided to have the party at home. NEVER AGAIN. Let me start by saying it is my fault. I put all this pressure on myself to have the perfect party. A party that they will never forget. Like he is going to remember his third birthday party. This party should have been an ad for Pinterest. I love Pinterest. I got all of the ideas from Pinterest. Because I couldn't decide on a theme for the party, I went with colors. That left me a lot of room to do whatever I wanted. We had a balloon walkway. 
                                     


                                                          We had colored popcorn.
I do NOT recommend the colored popcorn. It was great for looks but it took FOREVER to make and it stuck to everyone's teeth.

We had chocolate dipped rice krispy treats. Which I stuck in a wrapped box.
This would have been an excellent idea, if it had not been 105 degrees outside. They started melting and falling. They were delicious though. 

We also had trix pops,

and watermelon stars. I cut the watermelon thin and used a cookie cutter.

The best thing was the koolaid ice. When served in Sprite the ice is really cool and tastes good too. 

We have been blessed with a wonderful family and friends. It meant so much to us to have them there to celebrate. Especially, for Field. It's no secret that Field has a difficult relationship with his parents. It means so much to him to be surrounded by people that love him and want good things for him. Field's biggest goal in life is to be a great dad. I think he excels. I am so blessed to have him as my husband. I fell in live with him at 16 and married him at 19. He's a cop. The statistics are against us but God is with us. There is no doubt in my mind that we would not have made it this far with Christ. I continue to pray daily for our marriage to grow and for the Lord to order our steps. Field has worked so hard to provide for our family. I have never seen anyone who works so hard, sometimes three jobs in one day. This is one reason I so desperately need a job. I don't want Field to have to work so hard. I don't want him to work himself into an early grave. I can't believe he is 30! We are so blessed and I want to thank each and every person that helped us celebrate. It meant so much to have you there. 





No comments:

Post a Comment